All translated documents must undergo a multi-step process from beginning to end in order to be of the high quality that is expected from translators at Executive Linguist Agency. This process might look something like this:
- Review the original document – Before even thinking about how the document will need to be translated, the translator reads over the original document in depth to get familiarized with its content.
- Preparing the document – The translator will make notes about any tricky spots that might require some research (such as terminology they are unfamiliar with) or how to accurately translate idioms or slang contained within the document. At this point, they might also create an outline of how the document needs to be translated.
- Preparing a glossary – If this is a multi-translator project or one that is ongoing, a translator might create a glossary that can be accessed in the future for industry-specific terminology or tricky words.
- Translating the document – The actual translation takes place during this step. All documents are translated by humans at Executive Linguist.
- Proofreading/copy editing the document – The document undergoes a thorough proofreading and copy editing process to ensure all proper grammar and spelling are used as well as to ensure accuracy that stays true to the original text.
- Review the translated document – The document is once again looked over to make sure everything is perfect.
- Formatting the document – The document is formatted exactly like the original document to further ensure accuracy as well as an overall experience that is as close to that of the original document as possible.
- Finalizing the document – The document is read over one final time before delivery to the client.
- Delivery of the document – The document is sent using the client’s preferred method of delivery. Some clients request electronic delivery while others request a hard copy in the mail.